"James R. Gerland (Postmaster)" <GERLAND@UBVM>
Wed, 28 Oct 87 11:42:00 EST
With Kelly Hall's permission, I have modified LPUN.DCL and renamed it
LPUNCH.COM.  This VAX/VMS command procedure will now find the name of the
file to be converted from the /ID line of the input file.  This command
procedure is vital for VMS sites which have users interacting with LISTSERV,
since LISTSERV sends out most lists in LPUNCH format in response to the GET
command from a non-VM list owner.  I have made this file available from
the file server [log in to unmask]

From VMS: SEND UBSERVE@UBVMSC SENDME LPUNCH.COM
From CMS: TELL UBSERVE AT UBVMSC SENDME LPUNCH.COM

UBSERVE does not handle mail messages yet, so if you cannot issue interactive
commands send me mail and I will forward you a copy of LPUNCH.COM.  I have
forwarded LPUNCH.COM on to Eric and have asked him to include it in the
LISTSERV stuff.

There is still a quirk in LPUNCH.COM though that I am open to suggestions for.
When the file arrives on the VMS Machine and is RECEIVEd, the trailing blanks
on each line are removed so that when LPUNCH.COM puts a contimued line back
together it is not correct.  Any ideas?
Jim...