Xander Jansen <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 13:41:12 +0100
On Tue, 18 Mar 2003, McRae, Richard wrote:

+ I am still having lots of problems with lists not handling attachments.  I
+ have several list owners complaining that they are unable to send messages
+ to their lists if they include an attachment to the message but a message
+ without an attachment seems to work just fine.  If an attachment is with the
+ message listserv will forward the message but not the attachment.  I'm
+ running Listserv 1.8d on an NT server.  Does anyone have any suggestions.  I
+ don't think it has anything to do with the list header but here is an
+ example of two lists (I stripped the email addresses).  As you can see the
+ are run by two different people.  I'm sure that they know how to send emails
+ with attachments, I've stood right behind them and seen it.

They might know how to send attachments but their applications might be
confused ;-) Or the application on the receiving end. There is no such
thing as 'an attachment' given that for example the outlook-family has
different technical ways to send attachments (behind the scenes that is).

First thing I would check is how these mails appear in the archives (look
at the files on disk) and go from there.
--
Xander