Harold C Pritchett <HAROLD@UGA>
Tue, 10 Feb 87 15:08:34 EST
Some random thoughts about notebooks.  Harry has brought up several points
about notebooks which I too have noticed.  I have several ideas which might
be possible to implement and might help in this area.  How about another
possible form of the Notebook= keyword in which it takes on the form
Notebook= nodeid or Notebook= userid@nodeid (where the listserv virtual
machine is not LISTSERV).  This would always point to the nearest node
which was maintaining notebooks when the local node did not.  A request
for a notebook comes in, and is forwarded to the server listed for action.
In the case of closed or subscriber only notebooks, the user is validated
as being on the list before the request is forwarded to the other listserv.

The other idea is for the default notebook access to be the same as the
list access, not always private.  Of course, by explicitly coding an
access, it can be anything desired.

Just brainstorming...

Harold