David Rosenthal <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 25 Oct 2006 06:41:58 -0400
Starting at 1 am 10/23/06, yahoo.com began deferring all of the mail
from our server (shamash.org[12.107.129.86])) with  "Deferred: 421
Too many recipients"

We reported this on 10/23/06 via phone and were told to email
[log in to unmask], which we did.  We still have not heard
back from yahoo.com's postmaster.  When we called, we were told that
we could not speak to anyone in the NOC/Abuse/Postmaster staff unless
we had the name of a "non-executive employee that worked in that department".

A few questions for fellow ListServ site managers:
1) We have always sent out 50 messages per SMTP transaction.  How
many do you send out per message?
2) It seems as though yahoo put into place a new multiple-recipient
policy.  Do they publish these policy changes anywhere?  (is there an
email list we can join)  Does any other site know what yahoo's
current limit on RCPT in a single message?
3) Can someone mail me (not the list) the name (and/or email address)
of some human in yahoo's Abuse/NOC/Postmaster department so I can
reach someone?
4) Have you implemented Domain-Keys for ListServ? If so do you sign
all of the mail which goes through ListServ, or only mail which
originates from the server (administrative mail, digests, indexes)

--
   David Rosenthal, D.O.
   Shamash Coordinator http://shamash.org