"A. Harry Williams" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 24 Aug 1998 23:52:48 EDT
On Mon, 24 Aug 1998 14:19:29 -0400 Peter Bostrom said:
>I have a need to create a report/graph of subscribers
>by week for the last few months for one of our lists.
>We'd ideally like to create a comma-separated value
>(CSV) file as input to a spreadsheet directly from data
>stored in the list file itself, the layout is a mystery to me.
>
>I've looked around at the contrib areas on the FTP
>site at ftp.lsoft.com and most of the similar tools
>seem to want to read the log files, not the list file.
>We basically want just the "Subscribed on" date
>for each subscriber - I'll manipulate from there.
>
>I saw a couple threads in the LSTSRV-L archives
>on stats in general, or enhancement requests for
>the stats command, but nothing along these lines
>
>Help? Thoughts?

Direct access to the LIST files is not a supported interface.
The supported interface would be to send a Q listname FOR *@*
from the list owner, and parse the results.  (As lousy a method
as any.)  If you figure out the format, I'd love to see it too.
I have similar needs for other things.

>Peter
/ahw