"James R. Gerland (Postmaster)" <GERLAND@UBVM>
Fri, 9 Dec 88 13:21:10 EST
First, can this be done?
If so, here are the steps I advised him to follow :

1) First TELL LISTSERV AT UBVM GET COAUNX-L FILELIST (CTL

2) Then TELL LISTSERV AT UBVM SF COAUNX-L FILEID

3) After your RECEIVE them, you XEDIT COAUNX-L FILEID to add the line(s)
   filename filetype E filename filetype E, where filename and filetype
   are the real names of the file(s) you want to store in COAUNX-L
   FILELIST.

4) Then XEDIT COAUNX-L FILELIST and add the line(s) similar to and right
   below the line COAUNX-L FILELIST with the correct filename and filetype
   and the GET FAC (File Access Control) of UNX and a GET FAC of PRV (this
   means that the userids listed above as UNX can PUT files on this FILELIST
   and only members of this list (PRV) can GET them.  Don't bother putting
   anything on the rest of the line except under File Description where you
   might put a short blurb about the file.

5
   called LSVPUT EXEC.

6) After you RECEIVE it, you can then LSVPUT COAUNX-l FILEID (CTRL and then
   LSVPUT COAUNX-L FILELIST.

7) When you receive word from LISTSERV that it successfully stored these files,
   you can LSVPUT filename filetype (PUTC for each of the files you want to
   store.

8) When you receive word that everything went ok, you TELL LISTSERV AT UBVM
   REFRESH COAUNX-L.

9) When you receive word that everything went ok, you can announce their
   availability to the rest of the list.

9) Whenever you are prompted for a password use L-XNUAOC (coaunx-l backwards).

11) You are the first person not on my IBM who is trying this so I have no
    idea if any of this will work.  In theory everything I have told you
    should work ;-).

12) Good luck.  (If this works I'll document it for the rest of the world).

tell listserv at ubvm get coaunx-l filelist (ctl
R;
 DMTRGX171I FROM UBVM(LISTSERV): * You are not authorized to GET (CTL format) f
 ile "COAUNX-L FILELIST".

Do I need to do something specific to allow him to maintain his filelist?

Jim Gerland                                           SUNY/Buffalo Postmaster
University Computing Services                             [log in to unmask]
State University of New York at Buffalo           [log in to unmask]
Buffalo, NY   14260                                            (716) 636-3557