Michael Leahy <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 13 Jan 1997 13:36:31 -0500
Dear list mavens,

I have a list serve which is "closed" to new subscriptions. Someone in
Australia is getting spammed with subscription requests sent in her name...
the server sends back the "Sorry, you can't subscribe to this list"
messages.

In addition, my List Master says he sees 100s of complaints from folks each
week and all he can do is say "ignore them".

Is there any way to get List Serve to send us the original subscription
request?  Especially something that had the originating IP address or the
mailer's message ID?  Or can that be configured into the message that list
owners get when subscriptions are set to "by-owner"?

We're running L-Soft list server for VM (1.8b).

Please reply directly, as I'm not a member of this list.

Thanks,
--Michael

Michael Leahy, Computer Systems Engineer  [log in to unmask]
Educational Technologies, Mail Code 0232
Old Security Building, Virginia Tech              540-231-3272
Blacksburg, Virginia  24061                  fax  540-231-5922

         Intellectual revolutions succeed when
         the old guard dies or retires. --Unknown