Hans-Ulrich Giese <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 2 Mar 1996 10:30:14 +0100
On Fri, 1 Mar 1996 08:59:52 CST Jon Eidson said:
>With CREN announcing the passing of bitnet-nje, I was wondering if
>any of the bitnet gurus might give all the configuration changes
>required for us old bitnet folks to go 100% internet.  While I know
>some of the areas that need changing, I thought it might be nice
>to get it directly from "the horses mouth" so to speak ;-)

while this was an announcement made by CREN, i am currently writing
a proposal for a continuation of the GUMNCC until end of 1997. please
note, that the GUMNCC is doing the actual work on generating and distributing
the necessary BITEARN NODES.
i expect, that a contination will cost nothing (nix, nihil, niets !)
after 31.12.96 for the current contributors of the GUMNCC.

it is expected, because of the current traffic patterns that there
will be still a need for the NJE topology and that it is not advisable
to wind it down 'til end of the year. (especially to end-users this
might create a too big confusion).

so please wait until i can make an official announcement.....

-ulrich giese-
GUMNCC manager