Walter Logeman <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 16 Feb 1996 12:47:51 GMT
Hi,

I am looking for a site that will host some lists for me.
Currently I administer several lists from my own office DOS
machine . . .  this suits me fine apart from the fact that I have
to pay volume charges for outgoing mail from _New Zealand_, quite
high! -- in addition to the usual fee for getting mail -- this is
not viable any longer and I like the idea of forming a new and
stable relationship with a professional list provider in the US
or anywhere, and move the lists over.

I am exploring service for a fee options or a liaison with
parties interested in the project, who may be able to offer list
services free.

I am the originator of the Psybernet project -- see WWW pages in
sig.  The aim is to conduct hi quality professional psychological
email groups for a fee.  The vision includes training people in
the skills to conduct all variety of e-groups.

To date no fee paying groups have been launched -- there has been
an intensive period of preparation for this and developing
suitable list facilities is one step in a continuing process.

Initially I would like to transport two lists -- both free to
users and with small numbers and limited volume, this could
expand rapidly as the group is promoted more effectively.  These
lists are likely to be long term and stable -- one has been
running for 3 years to date.

I would like to be able to offer users files via a GET command.
I would like to have a fair degree of input in the admin of the
lists.  I would like to be able to add and remove lists easily.
One style of lists I envisage will be ones that are thoroughly
moderated, with fixed number of members, and a definite starting
and closing date.

Can you offer a service that suits this?  Please keep in mind
that the paying groups are only _vapour_ groups at this point,
and that the fees for groups (in the vision)  would be largely to
pay for professional facilitation/moderation/leadership.

Below is a description of the Psyber-L list for your info.

I look forward to hearing from you.  NOTE i am not subbed to this
list and would appreciate reply in email.

Walter Logeman

-=-=-=-=  Psybernet Mailing List  -=-=-=-=

Psybernet Mailing List aims to help us become conscious of the
effects of email groups and lists on group life and the psyche.

Topics include:

The art of leadership in communication networks.  The impact on
organisations of tele-computing.  Creating communication
environments.  Gender issues.  Imagination, metaphors,
archetypes, dreams, myths, personal identity, psychotherapy, and
the unconscious.  Special focus on  how these psychological
phenomena relate to cyberspace.

The range of discussion here is broad, this enables us to learn
directly from our experience of the medium.  It is a place where
the development of relationships around these interests is an
important part of the work.  The aim is to foster experiential
learning.

The list is an important part of the larger Psybernet project
which includes Psybernet Small Groups.  These are professionally
facilitated psychological email groups, for which there is a fee
for membership.  Announcements about Psybernet groups will be
made in this list.

The list is facilitated by Walter Logeman, no censorship or
editing has taken place, however discussion of how the list is
facilitated is integral to its purpose. Psyber-L is archived, see
the WWW pages for details.

To join the Psybernet Mailing List, send a message to:

[log in to unmask], in the body of the text write:

sub PSYBER-L

Once you have subscribed to the list, you will receive a welcome
message by return mail.  This can take up to 2 hours on this
system.

To leave the list follow the instructions above and replace sub
with unsub.

     Psybernet, Walter Logeman  (Sysop)
     Fax                              64-3-377-1207
     Answerphone             +64-3-377-1206
     Email                           [log in to unmask]
     WWW    http://www2.chch.planet.org.nz/~walter/psybernet.html