Eugenio Gatto <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 17 Jul 1996 19:17:56 GMT+1
--- Subscription probe / Eugenio Gatto. - Torino, 1996-07-17

As the message says, the probe is "tagged with a special signature to
uniquely identify this particular subscriber (you can probably not see
the signature because it is in the mail headers)".

Since (if received and read) that message is a sort of warning (perhaps
of long term NOMAIL status), the probed address could be inserted also
in the text, for human eyes, as in a QUERY answer: I suggest it from my
own (bad) practice, of forgetting frequently under which address I
subscribed (two, on many lists ...). I miei saluti.

<-- Eugenio Gatto <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]>