Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 28 Apr 2009 15:10:29 -0400
> From: Michael O'Neill <[log in to unmask]>
> Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 14:46:42 -0400
> To: <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: [LSTSRV-L] Monitoring Listserv
>
> I need to monitor Listserv so I know when it goes down.  We are running
> 14.4 on Solaris and want to monitor the system using Sitescope.  I've
> seen mention in other postings about managers running a job every xx
> number of minutes to make sure the system is still running.  What kind
> of job would that be?  What does it look for?

I know nothing about Sitescope, but we monitor our Listserv and all of our
other mission critical servers with a package called Hobbit. The guy who
managest Hobbit for us set up the Hobbit client on our Listserv and it
monitors for the presence of one or more lsv processes. If no lsv processes
are found, we get email alerts and alerts on our pagers. We also monitor for
other condition such as smtp processes, excessive system load, low disk
space, etc.