Chris Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 30 Mar 1994 14:34:48 CST
I own a listserv list that is moderated (ie. Send=Editor).  Up until
yesterday, everything has been going along just hunky dory.  Well today
(this afternoon really) whenever I get a post in my mailbox that is
ok and send it back to listserv, listserv rejects it and tells me that
the message has already been posted (it hasn't, and the posts don't
appear).

We're on version 1.8a if that matters.

Also, I don't know if this is related or not, but we have a problem
tracking system that runs under CICS on MVS.  When someone opens a
problem, it sends a mail message out -- in our case it sends it to
a small, internal list.  Well, the problem tracking system doesn't
quite know how to build a valid header (Lmail reports that I get
mail from <invalid user>), but listserv would deliver it anyway.
But today, listserv started rejecting them and sent the post  to the
listowner (me) saying something nasty about things being in a
'Filter' (?).  Now I know the REAL fix here is with the problem tracking
system and not listserv, but maybe this piece of info will help the
above problem.....

Chris Barnes                                 (409) 846-3273 (home)
[log in to unmask]                      (409) 845-8300 (work)

The 6 requirements that must be included in your plan for success:
  1.  You must be in business for yourself.
  2.  You must offer a product that is in demand.
  3.  You must guarantee the product absolutely.
  4.  You must give better service than the competition.
  5.  You must reward those who do the work.
  6.  You must build your success upon the success of others.
  7.  You must find a mentor to teach you.

----  J. Paul Getty (1892 -1976)