"DR. H. CALDWELL, AC 210, 285-8686" <00HLCALDWELL@BSUVAX1>
Mon, 30 Oct 89 14:28:00 EST
I have been directed to you by Eric Thomas (ERIC@LEPICS) for assistance
in creating a new list.  The topic would be ACADEMIC ADVISING, and the
clientele would be those individuals who are either professional
advisors or faculty advisors.  There should be some European interest,
but primarily the list would be from the US, Canada, and Great Brit.  The
existing list ADVISE-L is not workable, since there are so many different
types of individuals on it.  From my experience, the members on that
list are generally end-user consultants, not academic advisors.

You may wish to consider the name of ACADV-L or something similar.  I
would be pleased to monitor the list and to be of service in any way
that I could.  You will have to "educate" me on any responsibilities
that I would have.  If you have the need for additional information,
please E-Mail me, and I will respond promptly.  Many thanks for your
assistance.
        Dr. Harold L. Caldwell (00HLCALDWELL@BSUVAX1)
        Coordinator, Arts and Communications Advising Center
        Ball State University
        Muncie, Indiana
        VOICE: (317) 285-8686