Chris Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 23 May 1996 10:56:32 CST
On Wed, 22 May 1996 19:42:26 EDT Bill Gruber said:
>Just erase them.  Since you're the listserv postmaster you can issue
>CMS ERASE commands if you wish, or the listowners can erase them with
>LSVPUT fileid (DELETE

The LSVPUT fileid (DELETE works good.  But I when I tried using the
CMS ERASE command, it said that the file was unknown.  I used the
command:
   TELL LISTSERV CMS ERASE filename filetype

I also tried the command:
   TELL LISTSERV CMS ERASE listname filename filetype

with no success (it gave me:
  * DMSPCL389E Invalid operand: filetype

I know I could simply use the LSVPUT x (DELETE command myself, but
i would have to sit and type in my personal password over 250 times
(and frankly, that thought doesn't appeal to me).

Chris Barnes                                 (409) 846-3273 (home)
[log in to unmask]                        (409) 845-8300 (work)
http://helper.tamu.edu/STAFF/cbarnes/   <--- new address

"If God be for us, who can be against us."   the real NO FEAR!