Eric Thomas <ERIC@FRECP11>
Tue, 16 Feb 88 18:44:52 SET
Listen,  these sterile  discussions about  how BITNET  stupidly does  not
conform to  INTERNET standard  are useless  and a  mere waste  of network
resources. That's a bit like asking the developers of EDT why the '8' key
advances one page  in the current direction, as determined  by the latest
'4' or '5', and  not '7' = 'backward' and '8' =  forward with PF1=HELP as
in any decent IBM software (note that I said decent - this excludes PROFS
:-) ).  There are arguments on  both sides, and I've  been repeating mine
over 20  times and  I'm TIRED of  that. With release  1.5m the  owner may
choose to  put WHATEVER HE  WANTS into  the origin envelope.  I'd suggest
that you put  your own userid on it,  and give it a try.  In other words,
just modify EDTINI.EDT if you don't  like the standard settings, which is
the  reply  you'd  probably get  from  DEC  (and  YES,  I DID  modify  my
EDTINI.EDT to  have good'ole PF7/PF8 working  as I've been used  to since
childhood :-) ).

  Eric