Claude Etienne <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 23 Jul 2004 10:13:06 -0400
Hi All,

Is there a way to force LSMTP to process a queued up file?

A mailing was done yesterday for a particular list.  There were 32 subscribers on the list from one particular domain.  I've enabled logging for incoming and outgoing connections for that domain.  When the post was sent to the list, LSMTP seemed to have opened a connection to that domain and proceeded to send the message to each recipient from that domain.  It successfully delivered 20 messages and the remaining 12 were unsuccessful with an error code of 552 (your message counts in one session of 21 exceeds maximum setting 20).  A "Reset State" was also sent back from the domain's MTA for each failed message.  I came to find out that the domain has a limit (20) set on the number of messages that can be sent in one connection, which should be fine.  The remaining recipients from that domain were queued up and judging by the modified date of the file, it seems that LSMTP accessed the file.  But, the recipients from that domain are still in the file from yesterday and there are no logged transactions for them in my log file (although there are transactions for subscribers from that domain from a mailing to another list).  I've set the "Max. number of simultaneous connections" on LSMTP's destination tab to 2, the lower limit of "Connection/delivery retry interval" to 10 minutes, "Max recipients per message" to 20 in hopes that this does not happen again the next time around but I would really like get the ones queued up out for now.  Any ideas as to why this has not happened yet?  Or how or what I can do to make it process the queued up message any faster?

Also, I know I mentioned a 'Post' in my previous paragraph but it was actually a Distribute Job to a Listserv list (not sure what difference that would make).

Thanks,
Claude.