Phil Howard <PHIL@UIUCVMD>
Tue, 21 Oct 86 22:10:15 CDT
Would it be possible to have LISTSERV hold off transferring the rejection
mail until it has sent the message saying that there is rejection mail.

It would be nice to see the fact that mail is a possible rejection
before I actually read the bad one.

I am also wondering... if rejections are transferred, how would LISTSERV
handle the case of no postmaster on the same machine, i.e. they are all
on a different node than the list server is.

I was wondering because I was also concerned that the rejection announcement
was sent via mailer, and the actual rejection was transferred.  This might
result in loss of control of the order.

Perhaps it MIGHT be better to read the rejection in verbatim (card image)
and append it directly to the rejection announcement.  It surely could handle
the before mentioned case, as well as being more convenient to the mail user
agent program.