Marty Hoag <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 2 May 1993 14:08:04 CDT
Network Services Providers:

   The annual KIDLINK celebration of on-line communications, KIDS-93,
is scheduled for Thursday-Saturday, May 6-8, 1993.  During this time
several thousand children ages 10-15 from around the world will be
communicating and staging special events.

   While many forms of real-time and asynchronous communications are
planned, some depend on BITNET, the Internet, and the LISTSERV matrix
for information delivery and coordination.  Many of the e-mail lists
and file repositories are hosted at NDSUVM1.BITNET (vm1.nodak.edu).
Because the event is global in nature, the actual events will start on
May 5 in the USA and could extend into the 9th.

   If you know of any planned network outages which may affect network
connectivity - both BITNET and Internet - during this time please let
me know as soon as possible.  If you have elective outages which can
be scheduled outside of this time we (and the KIDLINK participants)
would appreciate it.

   Finally, we would also appreciate you help in keeping an eye on the
various networks during this time.  If you need to reach me feel free
to use e-mail or phone me.  After normal hours or if I am not
available I can be paged at any time by our computer operators reached
at (701) 237-8650.

   Thank you for your help!  Happy networking!

Marty Hoag                                 US Mail: NDSU Computer Center
ND Higher Education Computer Network                IACC Room 206
Phone: (701)-237-8639  Fax: (701)-237-8541          PO Box 5164
Bitnet:   nu021172@NDSUVM1    (NOTE 0 = ZERO)       Fargo, ND  58105
Internet: [log in to unmask]   UUCP:...!uunet!plains!vm1.nodak.edu!nu021172