Chris Conn <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 28 Oct 1993 16:27:08 -0600
I've got a large listserv list (DRS@DARTCMS1) and lots
of the members are university students and don't have
much disk space.

I would try to gateway to Usenet but most of our members
don't want to be on Usenet, they prefer the 'private'
aspect of the list.

I've noticed that some universities have set up NETNEWS servers
where I guess the mail is availiable to the students who have
access to a certain newsreader. Would it be possible for my
members to TELNET to those uiversities and read the news?
Is there some other way I can set this where I can make it
availiable on a newsreader but not be on Usenet?

Thanks for any advice!

Christopher Mark Conn                                       [log in to unmask]
Austin SAS Development
SAS Institute Inc. PO Box 200075 Austin, Texas 78720-0075 (512) 258-5171 X3369