"A.Omer Koker" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 13 Sep 2006 23:35:26 +0300
Im actually looking into putting a spamassasin front end for listserv lists
as well.  From experience with spamassasin elsewhere id say set listserv
request adrs with very high scores.  Then do the lists themselves at a lower
level perhaps different for each list depending on their public/private
status, load, etc..   So in short do not do a site wide score but a per user
score.

WRTO what to do with the spam-marked message; id suggest that you DO NOT
return to sender but just /dev/null.  A return to a forged adr will; 1-have
the real user fuming 2-create a loop 3-create additional error messages for
your box to deal with.

You might initially want to dump all into another directory for a short
while to analyze whats getting caught and tune your scores against false
positives then /dev/null it.

Or you might use a service that asks for the sender to confirm their email
authenticity by clicking on a link and adding them to your whitelist.
Since the message specifically asks the user to click a link (http) there is
no valid (or another /dev/null) return email adr catching any loops or error
messages.   I ran across this service some time ago but misplaced the link
so if someone else knows what im talking about PLEASE send links on
company/applications that does this.

Best,
Omer.