Listserv Admin <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 23 Jun 2006 21:18:57 -0400

Hi Stan,

Actually, we run sendamil as MTA on all machines at the moment.

The reason for the change is that we are moving to the JES MTA and last
week the fellow from SUN told us it might be best to keep Listserv under
sendmail than trying to get it working with their MTA. I know some folks
on this list have, but the idea of creating 8 mail accounts per list that
no one will ever use didn't go over well. The SUN fellow's concern however
was primarily playing with the mail delivery program.

Thanks for the reply.

--Trish

On Fri, 23 Jun 2006, Stan Horwitz wrote:

> On Jun 23, 2006, at 6:56 PM, Listserv Admin wrote:
>

>> There is a possibility that the machine that Listserv runs on at Queen's
>> will be changing domain names or simply moved to another machine in Aug
>> 2006.  From "post.queensu.ca" to "lists.queensu.ca".
>>
>> I have the white paper "Moving LISTSERV® to a New Server" in the event we
>> move Listserv to a new box.
>>
>> However, if we leave everything "as is" and only change the domain name, I
>> believe we only have to shut mail & Listserv down, make the change in
>> go.user and bring it back up.  This sounds too easy -- Can anyone think of
>> any other gochas in this scenario?
>
> You may have to make a change to your LISTSERV's mail transport agent's
> configuration too in order to allow it to process email under the new domain.
> Check the documentation for your email transport agent, which I am guessing
> is
> StrongMail Enterprise 1.0-2(2.00.129) based on the header of your message.

How To Get Help Quickly

Contact the IT Support Center at
36666

Use the IT Support Center web