Nick Gimbrone <NJG@CORNELLA>
Thu, 12 Feb 87 17:28:42 EST
>...                        The only  way to cause  the file  to be
>reformatted to clean up old entries is GLOBALV INIT, or at least it's the only
>way that I know of. This will  cause all other GLOBALV variables to be lost...
Not a big problem. There are 3 kinds of GLOBALV variables. They are for
incore, and two disk files. If no INCORE ones were used then you could
periodicly run the GLOBALV INIT w/ no problems. Another alternative is
to have a demon process to reflect the incore ones to the disk file
type not already used, do the INIT, and convert the 2nd disk file type
ones back to incore ones. The disk file associated w/ this 2nd type
could then be erased before and after this process. Ugly? Yes.
-njg