Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 17 Jan 1998 15:54:22 -0500
We are running Listserv 1.8c for NT on a Micron server which has an odd
CMOS problem.  If it is physically powered off, it often boots up with
the correct time, month, and day, but the wrong year.  The most recent
problem was last Wednesday when we had an extended power outage that
drained our UPS batteries and it booted back up in the year 2010.

This has happened before.  Listserv immediately processes digests and
generates probes (not a pretty sight).  After fixing the date and
restarting everything, LSMTP can "hang" for recipient hosts which have
pending mail with the "future date" timestamp, so you have to either
delete and/or copy out and back the spool files with odd dates to get
mail flowing again.  We repeated this recovery exercise and things
seemed to be back to normal, except...

Digest subscribers are not receiving the digest; Listserv has not
generated a digest since Wednesday.  The listname.DIGEST and
listname.SUBJECTS files have a properly dated timestamp, and contain
data cumulative to the recovered date fix Wednesday afternoon.  Yet
no digests are being delivered at the midnight rollover.

Anyone have clues/insights/suggestions to encourage Listserv to process
the currently pending digests and start a new cycle?

Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>