"Steven P. Roder" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 20 Jan 1994 14:36:34 EST
On Thu, 20 Jan 1994 01:18:01 PST Keith Trimmer said:
>At the same time, list mail originating at UBVM seems to be going out, but...
>I.e., as far as I know, I've not missed any messages posted to AUTOCAT@UBVM,
>but lately they're arriving 'out-of-order,' and what I'm seeing doesn't seem
>to match up exactly with what is appearing in the bit.listserv.autocat
>version being gated through AUVM.  (Not really all that unusual, I realize.)

Yesterday, we experienced a 6-hour outage caused by a bad NYNEX circuit,
during which CUNYVMV2 had to dump about 8k files to tape, and didn't reload
them until after the queues were cleaned out.  That could explain some of the
"out-of-order" stuff.

     As for the other problems, they were only reported to me last Friday,
and Jim and I have not been able to get together yet to look into it.
I'm at home right now with a sick 4-year old.

BTW, Harry, I was at the Bills-Raiders games last Saturday, and it wasn't
that bad, so long as you know how to dress (I'm an avid skier too).  The
wind was not as strong as was originally predicted.  It's -2 here today, and
the weather for Sunday is forcast to be in the middle 30's!  A heat wave!
The league gave us an extension to 6PM tomorrow to sell-out, but I don't
care, since I already have my tickets (season ticket holder since the day
they signed Kelly :-) ).

Steve
([log in to unmask] | [log in to unmask] | (716)645-3564)