Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 2 Nov 1992 14:50:57 EDT
Hello;

I am attempting to configure a new distribution list here such that only
people on a few campus hosts can sign up to it. I also want subscription
requests forwarded to me for approval instead of being activated upon
request. The other hosts which should have access to this system are called
astro.ocis.temple.edu and picasso.ocis.temple.edu. I have placed this info
on the local = parameter, yet attempts at subscribing to the labmgr list from
one of those nodes tell me that I am not in the local service area. What am
I doing wrong?

Here is the lists's header:

PUT LABMGR LIST pw=
*  Computer Lab Managers
*
*  LIST-ID= LABMGR
*  REVIEW= PRIVATE   SUBSCRIPTION= BY_OWNER     SEND= PUBLIC
*  Notify= Yes       Reply-to= List,Ignore      Files= no
*  Validate= All commands   stats = normal
*  CONFIDENTIAL= service service=local
*  Notebook= yes
* local = picasso.ocis.temple.edu, astro.ocis.temple.edu
*  ERRORS-TO= OWNER,POSTMASTER
*  OWNER=  stan@templevm (Stan Horwitz)
*  owner = mengland@templevm (Mary England)
*