Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 2 Oct 1991 16:57:18 +0100
On Wed, 2 Oct 1991 08:59:37 EDT Greg Kroll <USDGK@VTVM1> said:

>It has  been brought  to my  attention that the  LIST GLOBAL  command is
>sending  the "List  of Lists"  in an  80 column  format. Why?  Since the
>default format  is Netdata shouldn't  I being  getting the file  in it's
>LRECL=122 format?

I don't  understand what  you are  saying. The  output generated  by LIST
GLOBAL has 80 bytes per record, so what  you get is a Netdata file with V
80 format. If you  managed to get a V 122 file from  LIST GLOBAL, it is a
bug or perhaps an old version of the code.

>list global f=carddump  * "peeking" the file it appears to be in a "disk
>                           dump" format, however, the VM/CMS receive
>                           command
>                           does not properly format the file.

This is  because CARD is not  an IBM utility.  If it were, it  would have
about 35 bytes of junk per record, just like DISK DUMP.

>list global f=lpunch    * "normal" LPUNCH format.  Is there a
>                           program/command
>                           available to decipher this?

Yes, send  an INFO LPUNCH  for two programs that  do that, but  you don't
need them on a machine with Netdata. They are for PC's and the like.

  Eric