Options: Use Monospaced Font
Show Text Part by Default
Show All Mail Headers

Topic: [<< First] [< Prev] [Next >] [Last >>]

Print Reply
Steven J Depinet <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 3 Aug 2022 17:20:37 +0000
text/plain (1 lines)
Yes, I had the sender include me in another attempt to send the attachments. I got it, Listserv removed the attachments  (Removing unwanted MIME message parts) for the subscribers of the list.

Looking at the message headers, I see:

Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="_004_03a236a56b7f4e009ab542af454d6b06nauedu_"

Content-Language: en-US

Without digging out the RFC’s, I don’t see anything wrong with that. The List config does not specify any types to allow, but Attachments=All.

Steve dePinet					Northern Arizona University

Systems Programmer, Sr.			Box 5100

Information Technology Services	Flagstaff, Az 86011

[log in to unmask]			(928) 523-6843

> On Aug 2, 2022, at 15:42, deb cady <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> 

> Did you see this note about attachments?

> 

> The ability of LISTSERV to filter or reject messages that contain MIME attachments is completely dependent on the ability of the poster's mail client to properly identify the MIME attachment when the mail is originally sent. Filtering/rejection is done based on the Content-Type headers found in the message, not by evaluation of the actual contents of the attachment. 

> 

> Did you look at the original headers of the sent mail?  Perhaps that's where the problem lies.

> 

> Alternatively there are a large number of possible attachemnt types so, for security sake, you may want to limit to be safe.

> 

> We use 17.0 and the attachments woorks just fine - so could be a local email admin decision.

> 

> 

> Deb

> 

> 

> On Tuesday, 2 August 2022 at 02:33:15 pm GMT-7, Steven J Depinet <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> 

> 

> So, setting "Attachments=All” does not solve the issue, and I have 3 other list owners with the same complaint today, Any Idea what’s going on? Did Microsoft change something in Exchange? The Mime type for the one that failed with Attachments=All was Content-Type: multipart/mixed; but since it was ALL, I would think that that doesn’t matter.

> 

> 

> 

> Steven J Depinet Systems Administrator, Sr.

> [log in to unmask] Technology Services

> (928) 523-6843Northern Arizona University

> 

> 

> 

> 

> > On Aug 2, 2022, at 08:38, Steven J Depinet <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> >

> > Greetings,

> >

> > Since the upgrade to Listserv v17.0 (and/or whatever changes to Exchange that may have been applied), I’ve had a few complaints that attachments did not get sent to a list. Neither list has the “Attachments-“ keyword, but in both cases, the list owner has stated that they have sent attachments thru the list in the past. Was there a change in the default? The doc doesn’t specify a default explicitly, but “Attachments=no” is listed first in the help…  Since neither list had the keyword, I tried adding “Attachments=yes” to one list. The same issue, the Listserv log shows: “...Removing unwanted MIME message parts…”.

> >

> > For the same list that i tried “Attachments=yes”, I tried “Attachments=all”, but haven’t heard what effect that has yet.

> >

> > Was there a change in default behavior for attachments for v17.0 (from v16.5)?  Should the “Attachments=all” work for .pdf and .docx attachments? Or do I need to add the MIME-Types?

> >

> > Thanks,

> >

> > Steve dePinetNorthern Arizona University

> > Systems Programmer, Sr.Box 5100

> > Information Technology ServicesFlagstaff, Az 86011

> > [log in to unmask](928) 523-6843

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >