"Herbert A. Huston" <XRHAH@SCFVM>
Wed, 15 Feb 89 14:57:19 EST
>If the audience will allow, I'd like to try a sharp diversion, and
>raise a technical LISTSERV issue..
Thank you!

Recently the benefits of a tag to BITEARN NODES providing an Internet alias
for those nodes that are also on the Internet was discussed, and the general
consensus, I think, was that we wouldn't see this within any reasonable
amount of time (e.g, next month).

What about an Internet alias tag for PEERS NAMES so that two LISTSERVs
that are both on the Internet can communicate over the Internet instead of
S&Fing over n links the mth of which might be unconnected?  I admit that
I haven't considered the ramifications of this idea, which came to me while
my car was parked in a traffic jam.  But here it is on the table as a change
of pace from the political discussions.

-- Herb