Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 26 Jun 2000 15:03:35 EDT
When starting LISTSERV with an Access database as the DBMS source, you
are most likely seeing errors like

> DBMS: ACCESS (3.5 Jet)as no ESCAPE clause, errors will occur!
> Multi-row operations are unavailable
> Cursor behaviour limits ability to commit before logical close
> [SEVERE] '=' operator is case-insensitive, results may be incorrect!
> [FATAL] LIKE operator has no ESCAPE clause, errors will occur!
> [SEVERE] FOR UPDATE clause not supported, no locking will occur

This error:

> [FATAL] LIKE operator has no ESCAPE clause, errors will occur!

in particular militates against using an Access DBMS table as a DBMS
list source.  In fact the documentation says that this error "makes
the DBMS unusable as a data store for LISTSERV lists.  However, if you
only plan to use the DBMS for mail-merge jobs, this restriction may be
immaterial as LISTSERV will only be executing the SQL statements that
you provide in the mail-merge job."

Bottom line is that we don't support Access as a DBMS for DBMS lists.

Nathan