Eric Thomas <ERIC@FRECP11>
Tue, 30 Sep 1986 21:49 SET
  In all the  LISTSERV code I've taken  care to manage to 'steal'  as many true
names as  possible from the various  info that travels through  the server. For
example if you do an ADD command and it gets forwarded to another nearer server
the LISTSERV still records the name (slurp... one more :-) ) before forwarding.
When I eventually convert mail distribution to DISTRIBUTE MAIL, the server will
be able to steal some more names as mailfiles travel through it and get forwar-
ded... This only includes names of  people who receive mail from mailing lists,
ie if the DISTRIBUTE job sender is a listserv. I think that could do the trick.

  Eric

PS: I found a few security problems  with DISTRIBUTE so I'm taking some time to
    ponder on them. I've found fixes for everything but want to be sure I can't
    think of any other trick... :-)