Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 1 Oct 1998 17:09:23 -0600
At 04:36 PM 10/1/98 -0400, Eric Vogel wrote:
>    $180 for 100 users a year is too much. I have 240+ and growing, all of a
>sudden I just started getting a surge in subscribpsions. do you know of any
>cheaper Hosts that provide ListServ?

I continue to be amazed at all the people who think there is, or ought to
be, a free lunch.  LSoft writes the software, so they don't even have to
pay to use it.  So would it be likely that anyone who has to license it
would be able to offer any sort of decent service at a LOWER price than
LSoft can?   I'm not saying that no one does.....but I'll bet that it isn't
both cheaper and better.

If you want lousy service on a bad line and crappy software, go to one of
the freebie places.  In this world you get what you pay for.  If you can't
afford to pay, you can't afford to play.  The same rules pertain to
hunting, camping, auto racing, traveling, and even drinking.  To quote one
of the great American commentators of this century: "Wake up and smell the
coffee!"

cheers

dan

--
Dan Lester, 3577 East Pecan, Boise, ID 83716-7115 USA 208-383-0165
[log in to unmask]   http://www.84.com/  http://www.idaholibraries.org/