Mark Hunnibell <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 23 Jun 1995 08:21:42 -0400
Kathy:

You said:

> Can anybody figure out why she is not getting her digests?  What can I do
> to find out the problem and then fix it?
> >Subscription options for Jeanne Snyder <[log in to unmask]>, list EXOTIC-L:
> >
> >DIGEST         You receive list digests, rather than individual postings
> >DUALHDR        "Dual" mail headers with vital header information
> >               duplicated in the message body
> >REPRO          You receive a copy of your own postings
> >ACK            Short e-mail acknowledgement of successfully processed
> >               postings

In my opinion, these are some strange settings.  Some negate others, and
others are overridden.  I welcome a correction, but here are some of the
problems:

1. She is set to both REPRO *and* ACK.  If she were getting individual
messages from this list, rather than DIGEST, then she will get TWO
messages for each one she sends, one ACK message saying her message has
been distributed, and a copy of her message itself.  Since it's reasonable
to want to know your message went out if you're getting DIGEST, I'd leave
the ACK on, but I'd do a:

QUIET SET EXOTIC-L NOREPRO for [log in to unmask]

2. Another funny thing she has is DUALHDR.  This is really only useful for
individual message receipt (i.e. not DIGEST).  Normally, this is helpful
for people whose mail system strips the header from the message and the
DUALHDR makes it possible for the receiver to have half a clue where it
came from.  COnsidering her DIGEST setting, I'd do a:

QUIET SET EXOTIC-L FULLHDR for [log in to unmask]

(although this will not have any effect with a DIGEST setting other than
to make her settings somewhat standard).

3. I am not sure why it does not say it, but she may somehow be set to
NOMAIL. To be sure, try this:

QUIET SET EXOTIC-L MAIL for [log in to unmask]

If these things don't fix, seek professional help.

Cheers

Mark Hunnibell