Timothy D Newcomb <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 6 Feb 2006 10:56:54 -0600
This has been a problem for me as well;  I have contacted tech support
about it and the official response has been:

NO mail headers of any kind in the body of the message.  I was also told
that it is a mail client problem and that I need to educate users on how
to make the client "correctly" comment a message (even with headers in
it) so that it passes through. Now, I am supporting less that 3000
users, but educating them to this change -  ie, asking them to change
their mail client for one list that they use regularly 3-5 times a week
- seems a bit extreme and probably will only make them unsubscribe; not
exactly my preferred solution to the problem. Or making them search
through an entire message from the list before they reply (for any
headers included by previous posters) could also lead them to stop using
the list.

Fortunately for me, this error only occurs 1-2 times a week out of all
the messages hitting all the lists, so I have been handling it on a
message by message basis.  This is not, the preferred way, but for me it
is working.

If anyone has a better solution, please let me know, I would appreciate
it.

- Tim