"CLARKE, Paul (M23)" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 15 Jun 1998 09:29:54 +1000
Kevin,

I take it that you want the ability to control all the lists on the site. To
do this I have a quiet owner set up (which is actually a list) in every list
I create using the line:
* Owner= QUIET:,(LISTSTAFF)
Any member of LISTSTAFF can manipulate any list using their own personal
password. Obviously the LISTSTAFF list is very tight.
Owners are told not to remove the line, if an owner does we can use the
createpw to replace it. It is not a democracy!

Another point to inform list owners is that their personal password is
accessible! It can be read in the listserv.log file by those with access to
the file.

Paul.
  Paul Clarke
  Online Curriculum Information Project Officer
  Open Access Unit
  Gabba Towers
  Level 6, 411 Vulture Street
  Woolloongabba Brisbane Qld 4102