"A. Ömer Köker" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 9 Aug 2004 22:44:01 +0300
I was just about to reply when I read this i thought of the same thing
but using rinetd instead to map local machine port to remote machine
port.   Its also available on the MS platforms (so is SSH by the way).

From http://www.boutell.com/rinetd/
Redirects TCP connections from one IP address and port to another.
rinetd is a single-process server which handles any number of
connections to the address/port pairs specified in the file
/etc/rinetd.conf. Since rinetd runs as a single process using
nonblocking I/O, it is able to redirect a large number of connections
without a severe impact on the machine. This makes it practical to run
TCP services on machines inside an IP masquerading firewall.

For Linux, Windows 95/98/NT.

regards,
Omer,