"Brian K. Becknell" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 4 Jun 2003 12:17:16 -0400
Hello everyone.
 I hate to keep posting to the list about the problem I am having, but...
The problems I have are causing severe headaches here and I need help!!!
I have following several suggestion on the list about sendmail
configuration and I am still having problems.

Here is my hardware and software setup.

SUN V880 8 processor 32G w/2 T3 fiber arrays
Solaris 9
Sendmail 8.12.8 (cyrus 2.1.12 backend)
listserv 1.8e

Here is what is happening...

My trouble started when we upgraded to sendmail-8.12.8 from 8.11.6.

After running for a while. The lsv process will hang. A truss shows the
process sleeping. an lsof shows the last file to be processed ( ie sent to
sendmail )
Sendmail shows that message is sent. if you take the socket number from
the lsof of lsv and match it to the processid of sendmail you see that
sendmail is also sleeping. I appears that both sides of the connection are
waiting on each other.

Who is waiting on who is the question. The sendmail logs show sent. the
lsv log show no activity. Was the information sendmail sent back
understood by lsv correctly? did sendmail get the information from lsv
correctly?? I have looked at the return message from sendmail "250 2.0.0.
sendmail-message-id"
The message from 8.12 and 8.11 are almost the same. The
sendmail-message-id is longer 8.12

The socket connection between lsv and sendmail seems to stay this way for
hours, or until i restart the server. I have watched the process while
giving the pid a kill -15, it just ignores it and starts sleeping again.
a kill -9 does the trick and i have to  restart the process.

Any ideas???

ALSO

Is anyone out there running sendmail 8.12 and listserv 1.8e??

Thanks

-brian