"Michael L. Wyland" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 7 Jan 2002 10:30:49 -0600
Thanks to Pete and others who have provided clues in this process.

Peter Rausch sent the following idea:

>Send to [log in to unmask]
>
>search * in LISTNAME where sender contains ADDRESS

This returns a summary of the message numbers and subject line for the
e-mail address in a single message.  The summary message then says:

>To order a copy of these postings, send the following command:
>
>GETPOST DEV-WRITING 1 44 80 88 111-112 138 189 224 357 359 487 561 585 629
>633 682

When I do this, I receive a message in return saying that my request has
been mailed to me under separate cover (minus the last two message numbers,
of course, since they wrap to a second line and LISTSERV interprets them as
an unrecognized command).

However, I never receive the "message mailed under separate cover"  with
the text of the individual messages.  They never come to me, and no error
messages are sent to the list's editors, owners, or administrators.  The
message either isn't generated or disappears into the ethers.

Any ideas?  Thanks!

M I C H A E L   L.   W Y L A N D
Chairman, Advisory Board
CharityChannel.com