Michael Brown <BROWN@CMR001>
Mon, 20 Feb 89 12:39:00 EST

I agree with Jose's conclusions in reference to plan 2.
If I understand correctly, Eric would forget about
any support towards EARN, and concentrate his efforts
outside of EARN in support of his code. Earn would then
agree to purchase any major release for XXX$ and
a intermediate one for YY$, but they would not have the
right to submit bug or improvement reports. Any mods
done would be up to them to support, and to carry to
new releases.

As for the lack of discussion, I know I hesitate to participate
for the simply reason that I do realize how important this
issue is. Not having a LISTSERV here at CMR, not knowing
much about IBM machines, and being so far away from EARN,
are all reasons not to participate.

As for those who should be more concerned with the fate of LISTSERV,
well, maybe they dislike the political bullshit that is going on
as much as Eric, and the rest of those who are participating,
and are just *hoping* that this whole thing will work itself out.
Although, I must admit, I expected more support for Eric
than I have seen.

Have a good day/night/morning/afternoon/evening,

                  CP6-Mail: Michael Brown @CMR
                  NET-Mail: <[log in to unmask]>
Michael Brown   Snail-Mail: Service Informatique CMR, St-Jean, Que. J0J 1R0