Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 16:03:01 -0600
On Wed, 14 Jul 1999 16:10:26 -0400, "Michael J. Langum" <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>He wants to know...
>    "Is there any way to turn off the stuff at the bottom of this
>     message?  It is not needed and is just an annoyance.

On the contrary, it can be very useful for diagnostic reasons.  He just needs to
learn to ignore it.  Command acknowledgement messages are utilitarian, not
necessarily beautiful.

However, if you really can't stand it, read about the configuration variable
for  JOB_STAT_DEFAULT in Appendix C of the Site Manager Manual

>     Also, why is my email address listed there?"

Because he sent the command.  This is very useful when he gets an
acknowedlgement of a command that was sent by somebody else.