Ross Patterson <A024012@RUTVM1>
Tue, 19 Jan 88 14:08:29 EST
Eric,

    I guess I  misunderstood the implications of the  FIX15M3A code in
LSVFSEND (the  Send File To  List Membership routine).   This weekend,
NODUPD-D@RUTVM1   received   a   copy    of   VERS8801   NODUPD   from
[log in to unmask]  This  is, of course,  the list-userid for  the RUTVM1
peer of  the NODUPD-D list.  This  list's sole purpose is  to send out
the  Node Management  files  (VERSxxxx NODUPD,  XMAILER NAMES,  DOMAIN
NAMES, etc) whenever they are updated.  One peer of the list is AFD'ed
to  the  files  from  BITNIC,  and  until  I  applied  FIX15M3A,  each
subscriber got a copy.   In fact, some of us got  two!  I assumed that
was what  you were trying to  fix, but in the  process you've crippled
the list.   An updated LISTSERV  responds by transferring the  file to
its  postmaster,  saying that  peered  lists  shouldn't be  exchanging
files.  But we've  set Files=Yes in the header,  to specifically allow
this.

    Is this the intended action, and if so, how can we get around it?

    I'm copying  the NODUPD-D list, since  some of its readers  may be
wondering where their update is.  Please include them in any response.

Thanks,
Ross Patterson
Rutgers University