"A. Harry Williams" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 8 Jul 1998 13:23:44 EDT
On Wed, 8 Jul 1998 12:03:18 -0400 Paul Franco said:
>If I create a list of common keywords as follows
>
>PUT COMMON-KEYS KEYWORDS PW=CCCCCC
>Subscription= Closed
>Owner= [log in to unmask]
><common keywords go here>
>

>Then, I create lists which include these keywords and some other keywords
>as follows:
>
>PUT new-list LIST PW=CCCCCC
>* new-list description
>* .IK COMMON-KEYS
>* Subscription= Open
>* Owner= [log in to unmask]
>
>Will the "Subscription= Open" override the definition of Subscription
>from COMMON-KEYS?
No.  You will have effectively "Subscription= Closed, Open" which will
generate warnings.

>Will the "Owner= [log in to unmask]" add this owner to the list of owners
>defined in COMMON-KEYS?  Or will it override?
Add, effectively "Owner= [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]"

>Is there a general rule?
Yes. .IK is imbed(include) keywords, which are effectively include
the keyword file into the list file at that point.  Basically, Listserv
will see:

* new-list description
* Subscription= Closed
* Owner= [log in to unmask]