Spiros Liolis <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 5 Oct 1994 14:42:20 EDT
Hello there,
Another forgery. This time is kind of unique though. Old structure but
unknown to many. I have a person that I would like to "stop". I know it's
a forgery. The following is the headers of the message:

>Date: Mon, 3 Oct 1994 02:30:02 +0300
>Sender: The Hellenic Discussion  List <[log in to unmask]>
>Comments: Warning -- original Sender: tag was [log in to unmask]
>From: Dimitris Karakolis <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: "Greek Text here"
>comments: To: hellas <[log in to unmask]>
>
>MAIL BODY Starts Here...

Now, the user [log in to unmask] is a fake. It's a fact.
The user [log in to unmask] is a regular member of the list.
The forgery uses the Comment: Warning -- original sender was ...
Basically he forges the headers to make it as if this messages was
actually forwarded from [log in to unmask]
I have known of this method a long time ago. But I would like to know if I add
a Filter= ALSO,KARAKOLI@*,KARAKOL*@*, will it stop distributing the messages?

I have not read much about the Filter keyword (eventhough I use it in my list)
so any help will be highly appreciated.

Respectfully,

Spiros Liolis... Co-Owner of HELLAS (Hellenic Discussion List)