Norm Aleks <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 30 May 1996 12:05:38 -0400
Yingying Zhou <[log in to unmask]> writes:
> I'm looking for a script that auto cycles LISTSERV logs.  The LISTSERV is
> running on  a Unix system.  If  you have a  working one and would like to
> share it with others, please let me know.

I've  written one but it's  too simple and  too system  specific to post --
it's just like   rotating your syslog  files.   LISTSERV  does its  log  to
standard  output, and that's redirected into   a file by   'go'.  So once a
night run a  cron job that  mv's the log file  to some name that you create
with judicious use of 'date', then kill lsv, then  run 'go' again.  In fact
I don't think you really  need to kill lsv; the  old one seems to be killed
off if you run 'go' ... but I haven't checked that, so don't trust me.

Norm
--
Let's do something cheap and superficial