"Eric Thomas (CERN/L3)" <ERIC@LEPICS>
Fri, 19 Aug 88 10:14:47 GMT

At last the listserv@uchcecvm is working. It's been a lot
hard work. Thanks to Eric who help me a lot. Our mailer system
here was incompatible with LISTSERV. It modified the tag of
incoming mail. I had to install the COLUMBIA MAILER, make
some mods to RSCS, etc. Uf.. I am tired. During the weekend most
of the mail that was stack here will be send.

One of the reasons that we wanted to install the LISTSERV was to
reduce the MAIL traffic between UMDD and UCHCECVM. I never though
that we would end distributing mail to some USA nodes.

The solution would be to install a LISTSERV at UMDD or to modify
the LINK WEIGHTS file. I'll prefer the last one because it wont
bother the people at UMDD. (Maybe they don't want to install
LISTSERV.)

We would like to continue distributing mail to the Chilean nodes also.
(UCHCECVM, UCHDCI01, USACHVM1 and soon many more.)

Gonzalo Rossello
Systems Programmer, Centro de Computacion
Facultad de Ciencias Fisicas y Matematicas - Universidad de Chile.
Office Address: Blanco Encalada 2120
                Santiago, Chile  (Phone: (56) (2) 698-2071 extension 323)
Bitnet Address: GROSSELL@UCHCECVM