Wayne T Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 15 Nov 2005 10:50:43 -0500
I have only a few hundred lists and no performance problem with average
cpu less than 1%.  My shutdown statistics show many more jobs in the
"Other" category than all others combined; is this where x-spam jobs are
counted?

Does Notre Dame get more x-spam jobs than I do?  If not, then maybe poor
web performance w/ x-spam  is just a symptom and not the cause of the ND
problem?

Here are my stats from yesterday, fwiw:

* The average  CPU time  used by  LISTSERV for this  session is  0.1%. Since
* LISTSERV was last rebooted (on 13 Nov 2005 at 23:58, ie 1 day and 0 minute
* ago), the following requests have been processed:
*
* - Interactive messages from users    1000
* - Postings to distribution lists      289 (55268 recipients)
* - DISTRIBUTE jobs (internal)          559
* - DISTRIBUTE jobs (from network)     3544
* - Other incoming files               8331
*
* - Database searches (interactive)      26
* - Database searches (batch mode)     None

cheers, wayne