Jim Gerland - User Support Services <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 21 May 1992 08:29:04 EDT
On Wed, 20 May 1992 15:02:54 MST Beth Landis said:
>Does anyone know a way to setup listserv to accept commands from someone
>subscribed to a list (user@host) where host could be either their bitnet
>or internet address?
>
>We recently changed one of our node names from ARIZRVAX to ARIZVMS.
>Aliases CCIT.ARIZONA.EDU and ARIZRVAX.BITNET were defined for ARIZVMS.
>Listserv recognizes that user@ARIZVMS is the same as user@ARIZRVAX,
>but does NOT recognize that it's also the same as [log in to unmask]

Which LISTSERV does not recognize ccit.arizona.edu?  Your BITEARN NODES
entry is correct so I suspect it is a case of a specific LISTSERV not
having the current BITEARN NODES file available to it.  Send the RELEASE
command to that LISTSERV to find out what version they are at and who
the LISTSERV Maintainer is so you can drop a note to that person.

Jim...