"Sakr, Tamer" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 2 Jul 2010 10:45:16 -0700
Hi Jacob, your suggested filter to match at beginning of subject line (Subject:: xyz:*) didn't work. I can't seem to find any examples in the docs about how to do this.  do you have any suggestions?

Thank you!

-----Original Message-----
From: LISTSERV site administrators' forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jacob Haller
Sent: Monday, June 28, 2010 8:41 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Mail Content_Filter Template parameters

>Hi, I am in the process of setting up an mail content filter
>template to block postings with certain keywords in the subject line.
>
>I am unable to match messages with "xyz:" in the subject line, and
>the docs don't have sufficient examples in regards to expression
>matching.
>
>I understand that "subject::" matches any empty string, but I am not
>sure how to setup [subject: "xyz:" ] to match any subject line that
>starts with "xyz:"
>
>How can I setup content_filter to match any subject line that starts
>with "xyz:" ? and how do I escape the ":" in the string?
>
>Thank you!

Try

Subject:: xyz:*

and see if that does the trick.
--
Jacob Haller, Technical Support, L-Soft international, Inc
   LISTSERV (R) is a registered trademark of L-Soft.

L-Soft's LISTSERV(R) Choice Awards - The Mailys: Nominate and Vote
Today:  http://www.lsoft.com/news/choiceawards.asp

Got the latest LISTSERV version? Upgrade now to LISTSERV 16.0:
http://www.lsoft.com/products/listserv_160.asp