Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 7 Dec 2000 13:56:06 -0500
At 13:26 12/07/2000 Thursday, Margaret J. Brandt wrote:
 >Each time I send out one of my lists, I get half a dozen reply spams from
 >a porno site.  The address never says who it is to and the from address,
 >[log in to unmask] is not a subscriber to my list.  I have asked the
 >postmaster at that address to have him knock it off, to no avail.  I
 >looked him up at samspade.com, and found out a little more about him,
 >including his name.  Is it really him or is he using this guy's address?
 >What do I do next.

Can you remember when this first happened? If so, then also do a

REV listname NOH BY DATE

and see if you can correlate who subscribed near the time of this first spam.

It is very possible that a subscriber and the spammer have unrelated
email addresses e.g., I'm subscribed from PSU.EDU but I certainly could
use a "free" ISP account to spam you.

I suggest a followup to spam-l (you gotta subscribe first)

FAQ -- http://WWW.CLAWS-AND-PAWS.COM/spam-l/
mailto:[log in to unmask]

/P