Thu, 14 Apr 88 09:19:21 EDT
    The "Server number  111 could not be found..."  message means that
there  is no  entry in  your PEERS  NAMESUM describing  LISTSERV #111.
PEERS NAMESUM is built from PEERS  NAMES, where the LISTSERV number is
stored  as the  :nick tag  (e.g ":nick.017  :node.RUTVM1 ...").   This
message is the result of a DIST2 job arriving at your LISTSERV (number
22),  specifying that  it  should  be forwarded  to  #111 for  further
processing.  Since  your LISTSERV doesn't  know the node or  userid of
#111, it  is taking  on the  handling of all  users targeted  for that
LISTSERV.

    This  happens when  the  LISTSERV  creating the  DIST2  job has  a
different PEERS NAMES than the one  processing the job.  Since all the
path  computation for  DIST2  is  done at  the  creating  node, it  is
possible that  the path will contain  nodes that are unknown  to other
nodes in the path.  To minimize  the potential for this problem, DIST2
only  uses  nodes  on   the  LISTSERV  Backbone  (unlike  DISTRIBUTE).
Backbone sites  get updated  PEERS NAMES from  the source  (Eric), and
spread it around.

    The only way  I can see this  problem occuring is if  someone at a
backbone site has edited their copy of PEERS NAMES, and added a server
number 111.  This  qualifies as a VERY BAD THING  TO DO.  Eric assigns
server  numbers, and  sends out  updated PEERS  NAMES to  all backbone
sites when he changes it.  My copy should be current, and I have a max
server # of 106.

Ross