Peter Sylvester +49 228 303245 <GRZ027@DBNGMD21>
Wed, 28 Jan 87 11:35 CET
> Eric:
> To my knowledge, native JES2/NJE will not produce any file type
> but OUTPUT.
JES2 does not create filename/filetypes.
The RSCS NJI line driver creates the defaults.

> It also demands that incoming jobs have a file type of JOB.
No: A "file" is recognized as a "JOB" if it arrives in an NJE SYSIN
stream. This can be created on RSCS systems.
JES2 does not use filename/filetypes created on RSCS systems.
The RSCS NJI line driver creates a special NJE header section for RSCS
which contains the filename filetype dist cost etc. This section
is store and forwarded to other systems. The NJI line driver first
checks whether there is an RSCS NJE section. If so, FILENAME/FILETYPE
are taken from there.

> Drew
There are some more details about that in GG22-9373
(including some misleading sentences).

Peter